Re: no start 'B

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: no start 'B
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 20:09:37 -0400
Hmmm...

Max, you may be on to something.  I took another serious look at the
cap and rotor after reading your mail.  The metal rod that extends
into the cap and near the rotor was seriously grooved in one place.
It doesn't look like incidental contact, but you never know...

Now where is that old cap & rotor?  I know it's in the boot
somewhere!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/virtualgarage/

>Cold, rainy day... sudden "non-startness" after sitting
overnight... been
>there. In my case it was the distributor cap & rotor. How old is
it?
>Can't really tell much by looking at it. But my pal checked it out,
said
>"replace 'em", I did, and it started right up. He used to drive a
TR-4 up