Re: no start 'B

To: crschaef@mc.net
Subject: Re: no start 'B
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 10:43:50 -0500
Hi again, Chuck;

  There has to be lots of merit in what you said, alright.  While not
disagreeing I was referring to "cheep" ignition parts as a possible
source of problems like Mike's.

  I'm using a a Pertronix ignition and Lucas sport coil for a couple of
reasons.  First, it's difficult to get Lucas parts in my little town.
Second, With the Pertronix I don't have to regap new spark plugs to such
a small gap that the electrode surfaces aren't correctly aligned.

  Mind you, I carry a spare breaker plate with the points and condenser
already installed, JIC the Pertronix fails.  That's just part of my
over-the-road survival kit. ;^)

  Cheers,

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B