Re: Folding to packaway conversion (was: packaway to folding conv)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Folding to packaway conversion (was: packaway to folding conv)
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 18:40:34 -0700
Don' t know why it wouldn't work, unless the position of the chrome clips
and studs on the rear deck are radically different, which I doubt since
my pal's '69 folding-top tonneau fits my packaway '66. You would need the
sockets in the rear cockpit (unless they are already there for the short
tonneau bar?), and I'm not sure about the little hook-type clips that go
outside near the top rear edge of the door opening (whether your car has
them or not).

>From recent posts it sounds like you'll find a buyer for your top and
frame if you decide to get rid of it..Maybe you can swap?

James had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149