Re: Best Carbs for MG???

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best Carbs for MG???
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 01:24:36 EDT
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

<< he Weber DGV downdraft isn't an improvement over SUs,
 it's usually just used to replace the ZS. Weber sidedrafts are supposedly  >>
Listers,
     I own and drive 4 MG-B's.   my 1974 gt and roadster are still equipped
with the SU set up. Both of these cars run well IN THE SUMMER.  When the temp
goes down below 0 deg F., they seem to cease their excellent manners.
     My 1976 roadster ran very well with the z-s, but there is that nasty
choke. I went to a weber dgv on this engine. After spending several hours
PROPERLY jetting this carb, it has demonstrated its quality fuel mixing, day
in day out, without any further adjustment or messing with in any way. I feel
that those out there in list-land who have a dgv that they don't like,
probably do not have it jetted perfectly. My 1976 with dgv and  allison-crane
ignition is a strong runner as well as the most economical set up of my fleet
of 4 B's.I live at 5000ft altitude.I run the secondary most everywhere i go.
I am getting over 24 mpg with good pull from idle to 6ooo rpm any time, any
day, any season.
     My wifes' 1977 roadster is running a single su off of a morris oxford.
this carb pulls like a train,passes it's emmision test first go and gets
about 20 mpg. this car is running a points dizzy.
     I feel that the condition and or jetting of a particular carb setup is
more important than the brand of carb set up.
yours, H4(Howard)