Re: Dumb owner's U-joint replacement

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Dumb owner's U-joint replacement
From: Scott Fisher <sefisher@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 09:19:44 -0700
Charley & Peggy Robinson wrote:

>  Naw Scott,
>
>   'Vatcha do is stick a screwdriver thru the U joint and hold the shaft
> with that whilst pulling on the wrench.

Good tip!  I'll keep it in mind in a pinch.

However... I will admit that of all the things I dislike while working
on cars, working *all the way under* a car is my least favorite.  I feel
really uncomfortable lying with my head under the transmission -- maybe
it's living in Earthquake Country all my life, I don't know.

But I prefer to have someone nearby when it's only my feet sticking out
past the doorsills.

And besides, working on these cars is a lot more fun when you've got
company, isn't it?

Thanks again for the tip,

 --Scott Fisher