74 overdrive

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 overdrive
From: seakin@mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 15:20:53 -0400
Hello listers. First post, so a brief introduction.  My name is Scott Eakin,
I live in Smyrna Ga and nave recently acquired (accidentally) a 74 mgb
roadster.  Basically  clean LBC.  My question regards overdrive diagnosos.
I have dicsovered problems in the wiring to the OD solenoid however, when I
apply power to the to the OD soleniod I here no noise of any kind.   I have
measured the resistance of the solenoid and find it to be about 14 ohms.

Does anyone know if the solenoid should be audible when activated and is 14
ohms a good resistance reading for this component?

Thanks in advance

Scott Eakin
Foreman, Ed Voyles Hyundai
ASE master and L1