Re: 74 overdrive

To: miker15@juno.com
Subject: Re: 74 overdrive
From: "scott f. eakin" <seakin@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 20:35:22 -0400
At 06:26 AM 5/4/99 EDT, you wrote:

>On Mon, 3 May 1999 15:20:53 -0400 seakin@mindspring.com writes:
>>Hello listers. First post, so a brief introduction.  My name is Scott
>>Eakin,
>>I live in Smyrna Ga and nave recently acquired (accidentally) a 74 mgb
>>roadster.  Basically  clean LBC.  My question regards overdrive
>>diagnosos.
>>I have dicsovered problems in the wiring to the OD solenoid however,
>>when I
>>apply power to the to the OD soleniod I here no noise of any kind.   I
>>have
>>measured the resistance of the solenoid and find it to be about 14
>>ohms.
>>
>>Does anyone know if the solenoid should be audible when activated and
>>is 14
>>ohms a good resistance reading for this component?
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>Scott Eakin
>>Foreman, Ed Voyles Hyundai
>>ASE master and L1
>>
>Welcome Scott - cant say i have an answer to your query (sounds like one
>of the Pauls' - Hunt or Kile bailliwick) but im intrigued how one
>acquires a 74 roadster "accidentally".......???
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster
>70 BGT
>53 Riley

Well....it's like this.  I am a Hyundai techician by profession and
occiaisonally have a servicible LKC (little Korean car) for sale.  A friend
of mine called  to inquire on belalf of a friend of his if I currently had
such a LKC.  Turns out that I did.  In a couple of weeks he called again and
said that his buddy had something that he might want to trade,  was I
interested in a 74 MGB??  I told him that if I was interested I was unaware
of this interest but to call anyway.  One thing led to another and here I am
with a LBC.  Have really enjoyed it (my first car was a 1960 Morris Minor)
and lo, the wife likes it too.  I have decided that the car picked me rather
than the other way round.  So, I am relearning automotive technology and
using some wrenches that haven't been out of the tool box in years.
Now....if I could just find the computer in this thing I think that I could
dial it in just fine.

Scott F. Eakin
Ed Voyles Hyundai
Smyrna, Georgia