Re: Timing Light

To: spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Timing Light
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 00:51:38 EDT
spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo writes:

> Hi List, I am about to buy a timing light and would like a top end model.
>  Any recommendation? Enrique

Enrique,
If you want to go top end get a light with the advance cure feature built in.
this allows you to do things like rev the engine to a particular rpm and by
pushing a button or turning a knob read off the total advance at that point.
This is very useful for checking both vacuum as well as total advance.  Also
if you have an engine like the old TR***ph Sp****re like I had that only had
a TDC mark and timed at something like 17 BTDC you can do it easily and
accurately.  The version I have has a digital display that allow me to read
RPM at the push of a button.
Warning these are big buck professional tools, you will probably spend
between $100 -$300.  But boy do they make life easy.
Rick Ewald