Re: Seat belts

To: bachldrs@swva.net, krarick@nextphase.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat belts
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 09:53:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/6/99 10:42:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bachldrs@swva.net writes:

<< Kevin -

 I recently put 3-point belts (recovered from a '76 parts car) in a '67.  It
 was a direct bolt-in fit.  The captive nuts for the retractors were welded
 to the rear wheel arches in the '67 B at the factory.  Ten-minute job.

 Allen

 From: "Kevin C. Rarick" <krarick@nextphase.com>

 >My 67 MGB is lacking seatbelts. I want to put 3-pointers in there. Any
 >suggestions on make and instructions for installation?
 >Thanks,
 >Kevin
 >67 MGB >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would be cautious about using seatbelts out of a 23 year old parts car.
Direct sunlight and moisture can really take their toll on the strength of
the belts.  Considering the relative lack of safety features in LBCs, you
should have good seatbelts and you should always use them.

Consider buying a new set of belts, probably about $100, and installation
shouldn't be too difficult.

Safety Fast!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget