repair/parts bay area

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: repair/parts bay area
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 02:50:07 EDT
For what it''s worth department regarding bay area repairs: In spite of the
name, Triumphs Only in San Jose has MG stuff and expertise.

British Automotive Service in Palo Alto comes well recommended, and they help
support my club newsletter via advertising.

Also consider a friend of mine in Hayward happens to be a very good wrench
and knows Brit gearboxes better than anyone else I've seen,( in fact I'm 4
hours away and still will only let him touch my boxes) Duane Carlson,phone
384-4926. His shop is on A street, but call first. (disclosure: unabashed
promotion, no profit involved) He does a lot of wholesale work, etc, but also
wrenches on Brit cars and is a good source for used parts at times. Used to
own E-14th Street Auto Wreckers & Repair, which was an exclusively Brit shop
back in the good old days when a rebuilt 3 syncro overdrive was $400 with no
core charge, but I digress due to old age.