Re: MGC Brakes

To: mrazor@kih.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGC Brakes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:32:12 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/99 4:35:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mrazor@kih.net
writes:

<< Went out to the garage where the MGC has been for the last
 month or so.  I wanted to talk to the owner (grouchy old fart)
 and he did all the talking... said get the thing out of there,
 they could not fix it.  Of course the brakes are so screwed up
 now it will have to be towed to the house.  So all you MGC
 brake experts standby.  I am going to sift through  all the
 emails and see if I can fix the problem.  I think the garage
 lacks the time to do the job, make some money and not tick me
 off with a great big bill.  Of course, I don't know what they
 will charge for trying. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Where are you located?  Maybe there is a lister near you who wouldn't mind
giving you a hand with the diagnostics.  Or at least, maybe someone who knows
of a good shop that knows LBCs in your area.

If you want to tackle the job yourself, but lack much experience in hydraulic
work, you can buy rebuilt calipers, new rear wheel cyls., and new flex hoses
and replace everything, assuming the master cyl is okay (and you said it was
rebuilt), then bleed the system with an Eezibleed or Mity Vac.  That kind of
work is not really difficult.

The list will always be here to answer your questions.  Good luck.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport