MGC Brakes

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGC Brakes
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:09:16 -0400
As of today, I have, at Apple's request removed them from the
car and mailed them back.  They are going to recheck them.
I think they are still bad.  It seems odd that they both would

be bad, unless they  were not rebuilt correctly.  As I may
have
said, I removed the brake lines at the m/c and it squirted
fluid out of each fitting, I then removed the the brake lines
at the input part of the servo and it squirted fluid.  I then
removed the brake line fitting at the output fitting and
it did not squirt any fluid.  Of course, I reconnected each
one
as I went along.  I was able to see a little puff of air out
of the output fitting.  This was evidence by a small and I
mean
small drop of fluid spiting into the air.  Seeing this I
pumped
the brake pedal for a long, long time and that was all I got.
THE ONLY QUESTION I HAVE IS: COULD THE M/C NOT BE PUTTING OUT
ENOUGH PRESSURE TO MOVE THE FLUID.  It was also rebuilt at
the same time and the squirting seems vigorous enough at the
other fittings.