Re: Spare tire/ trunk space

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spare tire/ trunk space
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 11:02:47 -0400
Some state have "open bottle" laws - prohibiting any access to alcoholic
beverages from within the car.  It's been a few years since I lived in
Minnesota, but at that time the only legal way to transport such was in the
trunk.  I had a station wagon at the time - real problem.  (But I've come a
long way since then.)

From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>

Allen

>Eric Erickson wrote:
>>
>> Bill Eastman wrote:
>> >
>> > It just breaks my heart to hear the B drivers complaining about the
>> > lack of trunk space.
>> >

>> I was thinking of moulding/making a fibreglass, lift-out cooler that
>> would fit on the shelf behind the seats of my 'B.  Fill it with ice and
>> a load of cans to stop taking up space in the trunk (no space for a
>> 'proper' sized cooler in the trunk).
>>
>> Problem 1:  I am not sure that the cops would like the 'accessibility'
>> of this refreshment source (maybe a carpeted 'lid' on the cooler would
>> do the trick.
>>
>  Keep them closed and you should be fine I think Nory would concur on
>that.
>Carl

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs