Re: Spare tire/ trunk space-Reply

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spare tire/ trunk space-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:27:31 +0930
On Monday, 17 May 1999 Eric wrote

>I am also thinking of, for long drives where luggage is necessary,
>taking up the suggestion of bolting the spare tyre to the luggage >rack on
the trunk lid.

Eric,
        IMHO the wheel and tyre/tire weight is more than the Boot/Trunk lid
can cope with, so you may end up with a modification to the shape of the
trunk lid you didn't want.. I have seen a spare tire/tyre mounted on an 'A'
frame over the back bumper, but it moves the C of G of the car somewhat and
the steering could feel lighter for sure. If this is an option you'd like to
investigate, Bazz would know who it was with the 'A' frame.  I turn the
spare wheel over and use the inside of the wheel for packing space, for
tools etc.
See you on the Kimber Run on Sunday, weather is looking good if we can
believe the long range forcast?

L8R

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.