Oil pouring out from oil filter head

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pouring out from oil filter head
From: JSGriset@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 12:21:19 EDT
Please help.  I have a '77 B and recently did an oil change and replaced the
filter.  Ever since, when the engine is turned on, oil pours out of the oil
filter head from under the filter.  When the engine is off, there is no leak
at all.  I replaced the filter again twice to see if the filter itself or the
way I screwed it on was the problem but it doesn't seem to be.  I have owned
the car for 17 years and have always done the oil changes on it every 3,000
miles.  Is there a way of troubleshooting this problem?  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

John
Dallas, TX