RE: Oil pouring out from oil filter head

To: Jason Dutt <jason@markerman.com>, JSGriset@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Oil pouring out from oil filter head
From: JSGriset@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 11:06:51 EDT
Thanks very much for replying.  Seems you are correct.  In this case it was
the DCO "Dumb Current Owner" who cross threaded the shaft.  I guess it was
denial that made me rule that out without checking.  Now I'm replacing the
filter head, but can't seem to get the metal oil pipe loose from it, as if it
was glued on.  Maybe a machine shop will have more luck.  Anyway, thanks
again for solving my problem.

By the way, I got six thoughtful responses from the MG list in less than 24
hours, covering every possibility.  Maybe I can return the favor someday :).
I've done just about everything to the car myself from rebuilding the
carburetor to replacing the top and installing a new dash and thought I was
beyond stripping threads.

Now about that servo...

DCO (John)

Btw:  The list rocks!  Power to the list!