Re: New MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New MGB
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:51:05 -0700 (PDT)
Short of buying a new caliper, you can, with patience, rebuild your
calipers.  Over the years they get full of muck and the pistons drag.  Kits
are available with the rubber seals.  You can use compressed air to get them
apart and reassemble with brake rubber lube.  I've done this job several
times and have always had them work fine.  If you take this route, get an
extra kit or two in case you bend the little metal retainers that hold the
outer rubber seals.

Don Scott

Recently, I purchased the MG of my dreams. It is a 1963 MGB Roadster that is
>>about 98% restored. I still have a few finishing touches to give it, but it
>>is running and drivable. The car was delivered to me from St Louis to NH on
>>Tuesday. I have changed the oil, etc.  so I could start on a clean slate,
>but
>>I do still have a few things I have to scope out on it, so I am turning to
>>the list for help. First, I have a front brake caliper that is sticking. My
>>thought is that the hose to the caliper needs replacing. I figure that I
>will
>>try the low-cost item before I go and get a rebuilt caliper. Second, I think
>>I may have a charging problem. I got a brand new battery on Wed. and by
>>Friday the car wouldn't turn over. After 1 hour on the charger the car fired
>>right up.  I may have inadvertently left something on after the initial ride
>>on Wednesday. I disconnected the battery for the weekend so we could use the
>>car on the weekend. I will leave it connected for the next few days and see
>>how it goes. The car has been changed to neg. ground and has a new wiring
>>harness, but something may have been hooked up wrong by the DPO. Any
>thoughts
>>and ideas on these subjects are much appreciated!!
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Steve Bartley
>>Portsmouth NH
>>1963 MGB Roadster

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/