Noises

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Noises
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 22:55:17 EDT
I have had noise that sounded like metal slapping at right rear when I went
over bumps for about a month. I checked springs and "u" bolts awhile back but
couldn't seem to find source. Couldn't make it reproduce noise by bouncing RR
fender. Finally pulled wheel and climbed under car tonight. Tightened shock
mount to body just a little-Noise is now gone. I had installed the rebuilt
shocks about 2 years ago. Guess the speed bumps in the hood had finally
loosened them just enough to slap the inside of the fender.
Get to know your car and its noises.
robmgb
74B