Re: Repainting hood frame

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.com>
Subject: Re: Repainting hood frame
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:01:33 -0500
Skye:
Ugh! I wouldn't take it apart if I were you. Taking it apart is asking for
trouble, IMHO. Sandblasting would be a lot easier than hand-sanding, though!
Prior to installing my new top, I simply hand-sanded the frame (Michelotti
type), primered it with heavy red "rusty metal" primer and sprayed it again
with semi-gloss black (grey in your case). It looks very nice and has held
up well. You just have to make sure you let it cure for a day or two.
Cheers,
Dan
73 B

>I would like to get my somewhat tatty packaway hood frame blasted and
>painted the correct gray (powdercoated perhaps) and I was wondering if this
>can be done with the frame "as is" (I doubt it would be possible to do a
>good job) or if I need to take it apart.  Taking it apart begs the
question,
>what do I need to put it back together?
>
>Skye
>
>--
>"Clarity of thought should be accompanied by clarity of technique" -
Mondrian