Re: The life of an alternator

To: P86turismo@aol.com
Subject: Re: The life of an alternator
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 07:33:21 -0500
Hi Mike,

  It all depends on who the store got the rebuilt items from.  Some
rebuilders do a better job of QC than others do.  As an example, in
March of '98, the word got around in San Antonio that Auto Zone's
rebuilt starters were not lasting.  A couple of months later I bought a
rebuilt Lifetime starter from the AZ here in Kerrville for my B.  It's
still in there.  Maybe the next alternator you get from your store will
be from a different rebuilder (maybe not) and will last for years.

  CR