Re: Beheading the MGA

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Beheading the MGA
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 07:44:45 -0500
  Gotta disagree with ya here, Bill.  The point of the exercise in this
case is to cure a leaking head gasket.  The gasket needs all the help it
can get.  He can stuff rags in the cylinders, plug other holes with bits
of paper, blast out the stud holes with a can of spray lube, use a
strong magnet to aid in clean up, etc.

  BTW, the guy can buy a chamfering tool from most any hardware store.
He should run the drill slowly if it has variable speed, to keep the
throwing of chips to a minimum.

  I did all the above last time.

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B