British Car Week???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Car Week???
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:11:47 -0600
Wasn't this week supposed to be British Car Week? Hasn't been any mention
of it on the list the last couple of days.

And I have yet to see any British cars at all this week besides my own
(which isn't unusual here in Montana).

To commemorate what I thought was British Car week, I put my 67BGT in
regular service this week for the first time in over 7 years. I should
mention that I bought this car over the Internet a few months ago.

I had one problem that delayed its entry until Tuesday - the spare tire,
some old bias ply tire, was flat and wouldn't maintain pressure. So I took
it to the tire shop near work Monday morning and bought a used radial.

Back in the 70s, I remember difficulties getting wire wheels fixed (most
tire shops would freak out about the spokes bending on their machine or
even look at innertubes as some primitive artifact) but these guys at
Staley's Tire took my the tire with no commentary (as if it was just a
normal wheel), replaced the innertube, sold me a used tire, and balanced
it, all for $24. Later, the guy had to tell me about the Austin Healy he
used to own.

So the 67 is running like a well tuned machine. Still needs mostly cosmetic
work but it has been surprising how well it has bounced back after all
those years of not being used.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT