Re: Hood

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hood
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:21:59 -0400
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 5/25/99 10:01:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> cfrench@cybertours.com writes:
>
> << The foam rubber strip (weather seal) on the front of my 67 MG has really
>  worn out leaving an inch long gap on the driver's side. It is a Robbins
>  top on I think the old header rail. Is there a place where I can get a
>  new piece for it? >>
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> Hi Carl,
>
> New to the list?  There are many suppliers of parts for MGs.  You should

I have been active on the list for just over a year now and am swimming
in catalogs. But sometimes it is hard to find a bit here and a bolt
there in Moss. I reassembled my B this Spring after having the sills
redone and paint. So the area hardware stores and my trusty LBC shop an
hour from here are used to seeing me come in for a "3/8ths stainless
round head bolt in american fine thread" or the "rubber extension part
for the splash panel". I really have to thank the list for all the help
I have gotten here. I am at the point where I can start giving advice
too. Thanks very much for the reply. I have that part on order now.
Carl W French
67B
24 days to the wedding and MG honeymoon of New England!