Maroon engine? no way...

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maroon engine? no way...
From: "Lonn Howard" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:23:11 -0700
I'm getting close to the point of painting my engine and I just can't
bring myself to paint it maroon.  What were those guys at the factory
thinking when they decided to paint them maroon?  Maroon clashes with
everything, even the yellow of the fan.  I guess I will be outcast among
the die-hard originality enthusiasts at NAMGBR-99 'cuz my engine is
going to be MG-fan yellow with red covers.  Should look good against the
repainted red engine bay, and is garish enough to stand out in a crowd.

Re: shipwrights disease
Still got it bad...  Is there no cure???  I pulled the "new" O/D tranny
apart and am rebuilding it "just because".  And I ordered Total Seal
piston rings because the rings that came with my new pistons have .020"
end gaps when in the bore.  Just too much, right?

So, does anybody want rings for .030-over four-ring (three compression,
one oil) pistons?  Free for the asking.

Lonn Howard
'70 TR6  -mine
'71 TR6  -in my garage
'70 MGB GT  -ours
'89 Saab Turbo Convertible  -hers

"We are but temporary custodians with an obligation of preservation."