RE: Switches can bleed!

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Subject: RE: Switches can bleed!
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 08:03:55 +0200
Hi Kelvin,

I've got a Moss repair kit via my local dealer.
The O-Rings were perfect - anyway they fitted correctly.
The switch however does not fit.
What I got was Lockheed partnr LV17716 switch.
It looks very much the same, but the difference is around the actual
actuator and screwthread.
The depth is deeper as well, so the fit is not right at all
It comes, because the plastic at the screw thread does not stop the end of
the thread, but goes about 8 milimeter deeper. Anyway the switch does not
fit.
In an older USA Moss catalogue I found the total assembly partnumber is
141-710.
My local dealer thinks the original BL partnumber for the switch is 37H8089.
He thinks I have had 141-725.

The original switch has no number on it, just the text Autolite and on the
switch collar there is the name Amp.

My car's data:

MGBGT
Car number      GHDUB239829G
Model year      1971-2
Rest            not important I assume

Please can you give me advice what the correct partnumber is?
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Hans

'71 BGT         What's better - a leaky switch or a non-fit one