RE: Boot lock

To: "'glen@espressocom.com'" <glen@espressocom.com>
Subject: RE: Boot lock
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 07:29:57 -0500
Glen,

I agree. I have had cars so long that any key would turn the ignition lock.
The PO jeep was fun. No need for air conditioning, just open the two doors.
It had a Chevvy engine in it, the kind midget drivers would use as race
engines. Unfortunately it had only a two speed transmission. Hell on the
road, revs to high, and the high body mad it unstable. The short wheelbase
also made it unstable. That is when I learned the principle of overinflating
fronts to overcome oversteer, and back to compensate for understeer. (Or is
it the other way around? If I'm wrong, I'm sure the collective wisdom of the
list will correct me!)

Oh, well - the kids liked it.

Jack