Re: new roof (hood)

To: justinl8@yahoo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: new roof (hood)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:57:29 EDT
justinl8@yahoo.com writes:

<< Inviting all input regarding the topic of replacing
 the roof on my '79B.  Some questions:

 1. Is it worth it to get the factory (tickford) roof
 with the header bar preinstalled?  My header bar is in
 fine shape...is it very difficult to attach a new roof
 to an old header bar? (I have limited technical
 abilities). >>

I would refer you to the article in PDLJMPR on installing a new hood.  Go to:
 http://members.tripod.com/PDLJMPR/techin.htm  and click on the link to the
article you need.

This was actually for a Midget, but it should be very similar to a B.  This
kind of help goes a long way to building up the confidence you need to tackle
a new job on your LBC, and you will get the satisfaction of doing it
yourself, while saving some money.

I am about to install an AMCO hood on my Midget.  The procedure doesn't look
too difficult.  Just pay attention to how tight you stretch the fabric so it
isn't too loose in the summer and too tight in the winter.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport