Re: RB Weight - was Re: RB Mods

To: danray@bluegrass.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RB Weight - was Re: RB Mods
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 10:57:32 EDT
danray@bluegrass.net writes:

<< How much do those bumpers weigh, anyway? It sounds like a good idea...but
 I'd hate to see the results of a fake-bumper getting bumped....
 Just curious. Has anyone actually figured up the weight of those rubber
 bumpers? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I don't think the weight of the bumper itself is the issue, but the steel
backing to make it crashworthy in a 5 MPH impact.  Replacing the rubber with
fiberglass will still require some kind of mounting similar to what's there
for the RB.

Why not just replace the rubber bumpers with a chrome pair?  They look better
and they are lighter.  I think the replacement is fairly simple, once you
remove all the mounting stuff.

I have a RB Midget, so the B may be different.  RB Midgets look better than
RBBs anyway!  (Shields up!)

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport