British Car Week

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Car Week
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 14:08:59 -0500
I wonder with all the cars around we don't see more. I only saw a few cars
during the week. Every day that the weather is clear is a day I drive my
LBC, Car week or not. I was going to rat out Kim Tonry about driving with
his top up. Glad I didn't, he had a good reason.

The car club at work had a show that week. Mostly Detroit iron, most of it
dull. There is a difference between old and exciting. To me the most
interesting car was a DeSoto (sp?) that was running and ready for
restoration. The rest were relatively recent Corvettes, Chevvys from the
70's, a model T (if you've seen one, you've seen them all), and a mixed bag
of old cars in good condition. There was one older Corvette that was a bit
interesting. Almost forgot to mention the Corvair station wagon that was
also ripe for restoration.

LBCs were a very small minority. We had a Metropolitan, a Healey 3000 II, a
TR4, an MG roadster, and I brought my BGT since I knew Pat Brown was
bringing their Healey. The C is presently in storage, but should be at the
fall show. The roadster was interesting in terms of philosophy of ownership.
It had an almost perfect paint job, but the owner admitted it had mechanical
problems. My cars are usually the opposite. I try to make them mechanically
sound before I get to the body and interior.

Keep on driving those cars!

Jack