Kennebunkport trip

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>, mg-t <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kennebunkport trip
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 21:53:38 -0700
Hi Listers,

      Had one of those fantastic New England motoring days today.  Clear skies,
temperature in the low 80's, no humidity to speak of, and a 52TD that was rarin'
to go.
Did about 280 miles today, round trip from Plymouth, Mass. to Kennebunkport, ME.

Caravaned with a guy named Paul Hinchcliffe and his daughter, Heather.  Paul has
a very original, low mileage (44K) '51TD.

My hopes to go clean in the Safety Fast inspection didn't work out.  I fixed all
the bugs from last year but, this time, they gave my front suspension the
critical eyeball treatment.
I'm gonna' be busy for awhile, got a bunch of swivewl pin seals to replace along
with a bottom wishbone.

Got to meet a fellow lister.  Carl French showed up with his gorgeous 67 Mk1 B.
And, if I might add, his very attractive fiancee.  Not only is his car something
to make you drool over, he even had a great picnic basket on the luggage rack.
Speaking of romantic people, would you believe his license plate,  2MY LOVE?

Happy to say that the trip was uneventfull.  Didn't have to get anywhere near
the spares, oil, water, etc.  And, when I got home, UPS had been here with the
clutch m/c that I need for the '77 brake installation project.  Thanks to Ed
Kaler of JustBrits for the great service.

Happy motoring,

Bud Krueger
52TD
77MGB