Re: 75 MGB

Subject: Re: 75 MGB
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 00:11:09 -0400
Scott/Michelle wrote:

> Ok folks..
> I am a newbie MG owner. She is a 75 rbumper, and am learning as I go!
> there is a switch in the trunk, looks to be factory..but PO has it totally
> disconnected. I am trying to find out what it is, it is just a togglelocated
> on the passenger side, way up at the top of the trunk, could this be a
> cutoff switch of somekind? or was it...or just what is it?????

Curious that you should find a switch there . . . . I had my son put one in the
same spot so I can turn off the boot light while messing around with the car. It
seems that on more than one occasion I left the boot open for days at a time
without thinking about battery drain.

> And i have the dreaded 'crack of Doom" on her doors, it is a small stress
> crack, but daunting all the same....IYHO should I replace the skin, or try
> to mend the fissure?

Replacing the door skin is a project and a half. Try the mig weld patch behind
the crack first. It worked for mine and several others on the list.

BTW--  550 miles today coast to coast and return (in Michigan) in the sunshine!
(Hood down, of course) Great trip-- finished with a nice warm moonlit drive, but
can you say "sunburn"??!! ouch-- I'll pay for it tomorrow, but worth it! These
are great little cars! DRIVE 'EM!!

Gary
74B L'il Darlin'

--