Re: Fan & fuse

To: "GAUCHERON" <Thierry.gaucheron@renault.fr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fan & fuse
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:22:07 +0100
I was under the impression that factory electric fans, whether wired direct
or via a relay, operated off the green circuit, therefore should stop when
the engine is switched off.  That is what Haynes shows and how my V8 is
wired.

Your fuses are 17 amp rated i.e. they should not be expected to take more
than 17amps on a continuous basis, and 35 amp blow, i.e. if the circuit it
feeds draws a steadily increasing current it should blow when it reaches
about 35 amps.  Not sure about being slow-blow, though.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/