Brakes, A Recap

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Brakes, A Recap
From: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 06:19:18 -0400
 A follow up for those of you who ask
 and an apology for the length for those who did not.
Broke the ez out off in the bleed nipple,
pitched the rest of my ez out bits, they are
useless.  Contacted several machine shops
and it is a good thing I am thick skinned
or the peals of laughter and outrageous prices (over $100US)
would have gotten to me.  So I just bought a new caliper
for $42US.  The last laugh is on the machine shops, my state
vehicle needed servicing and while I waited for it I thought
might find a place to machine out the old nipple.  I asked
one of the mechs if he knew of a place and he said "let me
see it", 20 minutes later he returned my state ride and one
machined caliper.  He refused to take any pay for the caliper.

I think he was as pi**ed at the machine shops as I was. I now
have a spare right front caliper and a brand new one on the
car.
I think all I really need to do is go in and put new pads
and shoes, which I can get at the local car parts place.
I lost a lot of my brakes but still had the hydraulic system
working.  At least I hope so, the old demon may still have
the last word.  But I don't think so!