FL regs, Suppliers, Ohio

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FL regs, Suppliers, Ohio
From: <dstieber@paccar.com> (Drew Stieber)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 99 5:35:50 EDT
inspection regs in Florida.  My info is a bit dated so it may not be
applicable anymore.

Anyway, I lived in Daytona beach about 5 years ago, and brought down my 77
MiGby from WI.  The inspection was they walked out to the car and made sure
my title numbers (VIN) matched the cars  ID plate.  The asked for my
insurance card (Insurance is madatory).  They than asked for around $500
bucks for the states impact fee and I ran out of their screming bloody
murder.  I never got it registered and eventually moved away.  I think
scince than they have revoked the impact fee.  Like most states though the
emissions laws can change dramatically.  One county will have them the
other wont.  I hate emissions laws...I dont even want to go into details of
the fiasco that takes place in WI.

Vicky Brit editorial:  I have had adequate service from them and they were
in fact the first mailorder house I had ever heard of back when I first got
into MG  about 10 years ago. There catalog was the best out there in my
opinion at the time.   I have no problem with people trying to make money,
but I work equally hard for my money and dont want to pay huge amounts just
to keep the little guy in business.  But I do believe in going to the local
guy, as most times they can buy stuff from Vicky B at wholsale prices and
pass the savings on to me.

Speaking of that....anybody know of a local type shop in the Columbus Ohio
area?  I just moved here from Wisconsin (for those near Milwaukee I used to
go to MG Limited for all of my MGB needs).