Re: Would I be in over my head?

To: pringlmm@mcmaster.ca, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Would I be in over my head?
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:01:46 EDT
Hi Matt,
Why did you quote CDN exchange? Do you expect to pay 4K (CDN) or 2.8K? Are
your resources in CDN or US?
If you pay $4K for that A, then that leaves you with $3K for a complete
restoration......expect to pay twice that, even if you do the work yourself
I started a TR3A project about 3 years ago and have gone through about
$4K(US) so far. This includes a rebuilt rolling chassis, a decent tub with
workable sheet metal, a recently rebuilt engine and drivetrain, some of the
interior and lots of new parts collected over the years. The only things left
are body and paint, rebuilding the interior, a wiring harness, a couple of
gauges, and assembly.
I expect to do ALL the work myself and should spend another $3K for materials
and odds and ends.
Although I'm not in this to turn a profit......it's just a hobby......this
TR3A would be worth as much as your A when complete........about $12K to
$18K.
If your attitude is anything like mine, you'll enjoy the
restoration.......and you'll have enough resources if you do the work
yourself.
Good luck.....keep us posted
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708