STEERING GONE BAD

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: STEERING GONE BAD
From: Michael Nadeau <NADE18@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:58:57 -0400
Hi, I'm new to the list. Lots of helpful tips about MGB's. Last year I
finished a complete restoration of a "69" roadster. It took me almost a
year and a half  to get it back together. Well worth the wait. My
question involves my uncle's "68" midget. I'm going to be replacing the
clutch in a couple of weeks and his steering is awful. Lots of play. I
heard from someone that it's possible to shim the rack to take some of
the play out. Figured with the motor out it would be the best time to do
something about it.Any suggestions would be great.

Mike Nadeau