RE: Pinging, compression ratio, and advance....

To: "'Barney Gaylord'" <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: RE: Pinging, compression ratio, and advance....
From: "Pearson, Tim" <tpearson@westpac.com.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:16:08 +1000
<snip>
> and then treat it to a tank full of 97 octane or better.
<snip>

97? 97???? NINETY SEVEN??????????

Jeez mate, we haven't had 97 in this country for about 15 years!!!!!

For a while I was getting away with driving onto the airfield and putting 20
litres of 100/130 octane avgas in the B, but they've stopped that.

Our leaded fuel is lucky if it gets to 96, more typically 94; unleaded
premium is supposedly 96 - 98 (and 5c/litre more), if you'd like to spring
me for an unleaded head. Standard unleaded is pushing 92.....

cheers...

Tim