Re: If it ain't broke...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: If it ain't broke...
From: A D <mooshupork7@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 05:37:34 PDT
>1st thought - perhaps you connected the wires to the points on the wrong
>side of the insulator. It's easily (and often) done!

I replaced my points a few weeks back and I didn't like the replacement
points provided by the usual vendors.  The points would not open all the way
to the requisite gap, 0.014"  So I went to BAP/GEON foreign auto parts, and
the replacement points set for the Lucas distributer were made in Italy by a
company named FACET.  They fit well.

Moreover, getting back to the condensor and ground wire sequence on the
points post, these Italian Lucas points replacements had a nylon plastic
post which secures to the points base plate, and negates the worry about the
these wire making contact with the base plate.  FYI...

Art D.
1960 MGA