Re: Towing an MGB

To: rickhuber@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing an MGB
From: SpuriousV8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 14:16:18 EDT
Hey Rick:
               I have done just as you speak of,  I bought a universal tow
bar form PepBoys, made a front bumper mount using the mounting brackets from
the front bumper off a donor B. I laid a piece of heavy angle iron across the
brackets and drilled and bolted with the same size bolts the tow bar came
with.  And ran safety chains around the front cross member to be sure I
didn't loose my car in transit. The only other thing I would do is remove the
driveshaft for the trip, and wire up some lights or use the B lights already
in the car.
              When do you plan to do this, and from what state? As I plan a
trip to and from Fla real soon.

Happy Towing
Jim Brucato
1980 MGB V8  going to Florida in a few
1964 MGB ,,,getting towed to Fla in Oct to sleep in comfort