Re: windshields and Batteries and rebuilds

To: " (Drew Stieber)" <dstieber@paccar.com>
Subject: Re: windshields and Batteries and rebuilds
From: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 10:25:33 -0400
Don't want to be a prude but...

I took my Accord in to have the windshield replaced, it had cracked due
to a rust bubble on the frame.  The shop told me I could call the
insurance company, tell them it broke due to a stone and have them pay.
It really ticked me off 'cause this sort of activity contributes to
higher interest rates (as do these "We pay your deductable" shops).

Insurance isn't made for reimbursing maintenance on your car, it's meant
for accidents.

Matt

<snip>