Re: Top Replacement

To: "MG Listserver" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Top Replacement
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:40:39 -0700
About that front bow pushing out the window flap -- that's exactly what
mine seems to do. But it hasn't resulted in any damage that I've noticed.
I've always wondered if the frame had been bent a little, or rather,
flattened -- so that the arc of the top bow was flatter than originally
intended, which resulted in the end returns protruding further to the
sides than original. If that is the case, a little judicious force
applied in partnership with a bench vise might restore the original
profile. The paint on my frame is battered, to say the least, and
couldn't really be further damaged by beating on it. YMMV...

Chris Attias had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149