Re: Air intake grill

To: "chief bootknocker" <mowog77@theglobe.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air intake grill
From: prsmith@navnet.net
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:30:14 -0300
The proper retianers for the grill are a cylinder like device with a
shoulder on it.  They slide into the holes in the cowling and then you
insert the metal pins incorporated in the chrome grill into these
cylinders.  This method of fastening enables on e to put the the screen in
place.

The speed nuts that one finds on many of the grills are not the "correct "
fitting.  The correct devices are called Blind Fixes and are Moss Part
number 326-665.  You need six of them.

Preston

--
Our newly painted 80 MGB LE is on the road and our 62 MGA 1600 MK II needs
some work Betti Ann and Preston Smith in the Head of St Margaret's Bay,