Re: Cost for MGBGT (long-ish response)

To: bachldrs@swva.net
Subject: Re: Cost for MGBGT (long-ish response)
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:23:25 EDT
Thanks for brilliantly and completely expressing my sentiments.

 My 71 GT has been a dependable driver for over 15 years that I've owned it
and for the PO (a good guy) since new.  Mine has 100K plus miles one rebuilt
head, etc on original engine.  It holds 50#to 60# oil pressure on 4 or 5 hour
trips at max sustained hiway speeds at 3600-4400 RPM, and around 25# or 30#
at warm idle.  I though I had the only running mg that did not hold 80# at
80mph.

This car has cost me less to own and operate than any other car we have
owned.  It is used regularly and while it is nothing special I enjoy the
occasional wink or wave from a 40 or 50 year old matron who is reliving her
mispent youth.  (My wife does not mind. She becomes the beneficiary of my
lust.)

Keep em on the road.

Mel Frank