Re: Trunk (boot) stuck open

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Trunk (boot) stuck open
From: Alan Lott <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:28:33 -0500
Greetings all,

After an 18 month sabaticle, I'm back at Auburn University to finish my PhD ...
War Eagle! :) ... anyway, while I was off, I had lots of time to work on my 71
B ... a complete gut and rebuild ... sans engine. It was really frustrating at
times not being able to email y'all with questions, I could have certainly used
some solid answers without the need to play "magnum PI" each and every time :).
So, where I stand now is that its almost back together. I had to come back here
sooner than expected, so I was forced to reassemble from a shell (no paint
either) in only 5 weeks .. quite tiring. I'm living in an apartment that frowns
on automotive work in their parking lot (a sacrafice I hated to make, but it
was necessary). I've only cranked the car and run it breifly (the night before
I pulled out to move back here). One thing I noticed is that I must have a wire
or two crossed. When I turn the ignition key to the first and second positions
(before the starter engages) the parking lights come on even though the light
switch is off. While this is happening, my gagues don't power up. So, my
assessment is that I've inadvertantly switched a couple of wires when I pulled
the loom back through and plugged everything back in. anyone out there know
where I should start? The wiring diagram I have isn't too bad, but given that I
was fairly careful when reconnecting, I'd guess it's not a blatant switch.

I'm thrilled to be back and I certainly hope everyone has been doing well.

Take care and thanks,

~alan
'71 B