Re: Trunk (boot) stuck

To: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trunk (boot) stuck
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:37:12 EDT
Actually there is a 6th option.  I pulled the lock cylinder out at a dealer
(you know this story goes back a while cause there were still MG dealers
then) to have the trunk keyed to the ignition.  Not wanting to leave my trunk
open when I went into parts I closed the lid DOH!!  I tried fishing down
through the hole with a wire but could not trip the latch.  After about 1/2
hour of frustration I drilled at an angle through where the lock cylinder
belonged.  This allowed me to access the catch with a screwdriver.  Of course
I had to buy an entire new assembly.
Rick Ewald