Re: Trunk (boot) stuck

To: JustBrits@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Trunk (boot) stuck
From: AKBLACKLEY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:48:06 EDT
Ed: How about "dnaw no a rorrim"? I hadnt thought about that one, but then
you know which way I did it. :>). Allen B: I aso found that Locktite was a
necessity on that same bolt, but lucky for me it was still in my garage! At
any rate those faced with this dreaded condition have a range of options, in
a order of easiness: 1. Gentle pressure on the plate bracket (be careful); 2.
Remove reverse light (for Bs made post '66) and fish about with a mechanics
mirror, penlight, and a stiff wire; 3. Going through the bulkhead via an
existing hole, and similar procedure as 2.; 4. Creating such a hole; 5. Brute
force, crow bars, bloody oaths, etc. Cheers, Andy