Re: PA plates

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@yr.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: PA plates
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:12:53 -0400
>Okay, Dr. Doug, here we go.  I get REALLY fed up with the way notaries
>interpret the law!  You are completely at their mercy.  Say one wrong thing
>and they get even by hitting you in the pocketbook.  (Rant mode off.)
>
>Here is the EXACT wording from PA form MV11.  It leaves A LOT open to
>interpretation.
>
>"Antique vehicles operated exclusively between sunrise and sunset are exempt
>from the normal lighting requirements of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, but
>must have their orginal lighting equipment.  Antique vehicles are not
>subject
>to the annual vehicle safety inspection."

Word of mouth from a laywer and a cop. If the car has original lights. No
daytime restrictions. Period. We ahd this discussed at length at a recent
Philly MG Club Meeting. If the car has no lights they are restricted. The
lawyer got this from a State Representative as well as case law in PA. If
the car has been modified to meet current law they are not allowed to get
antique plates. That is where the major catch comes in. You put Cibies in
the wings - no antique plate.

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget