Re: learning to paint

To: ckrug@laf.cioe.com, spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo
Subject: Re: learning to paint
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:44:31 EDT
In a message dated 7/2/99 12:40:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ckrug@laf.cioe.com writes:

<< am unsure if you can learn how to paint by reading books, videos seem to
 >be the way to go but I still feel a good 5 day course would do the job.
 >Anybody out there have any suggestions?
 >
 >Enriques

Hi,
     deriving a good paint finish can be accompolished at home(in a garage).
major points to ponder are:
what kind of paint do I use..How do I prep the body for that paint...what
kind of primer do I want to use..what kind of paint gun do I want to use(low
pressure..high pressure...how much time do I have to do the job...will I have
a helper..what kind of compressor and associated air drying,filter systems do
I want to use..
     After looking at these breif few points(the bare minium), find some good
books to read,  talk to some pros(they usually don't want to give away their
20 years of hard earned knowledge), find something to paint..practice,
practice, practice!
     Then, after you have achieved a good finish on a practice
project..learned how to mix, filter and shoot the primers and paints,  go for
the gold!...Oh yes, be aware that there are laws concerning the use of paints
and thinners in places OTHER than an OSHA approved paint booth.
yours, H4(Howard)