Re: Tonneau/Tie-Rod/Hose Questions

To: BobMGT@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau/Tie-Rod/Hose Questions
From: RJohn50603@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 10:08:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/3/99 12:35:34 PM Central Daylight Time, BobMGT@AOL.COM
writes:

<< Tie-Rod Ends: I noticed that the tie-rod ends on my '71 B don't have
grease
 zirks like the ones on the TD. Does this mean they are "sealed" and don't
 need to be lubed? I'm tempted to pull the little rubber boot back a little
 and squirt some grease in there. >>

This means they're sealed and are lubricated for life... about the same life
if you had ones that had grease zerks and did'nt use them.

I've gone through three pairs for these in 14 years.

I think I did see a catalog that has one with zerks. Maybe someone can
enlighten us?

R. Johnson - Dallas