RE: Tonneau/Tie-Rod/Hose Questions

To: "Mg List (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tonneau/Tie-Rod/Hose Questions
From: "Alan Lott" <lottala@mail.auburn.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 09:29:03 -0500
We used to spec these (and lots of other industrial goodies) when I was
doing mechanical/industrial engineering design a number of years ago. You
can order the proper rod ends with zirks (or without) from a good hardware
or auto parts store (also some race car supply catalogues have them as
well). All you need is the thread size (eg 3/8-24) and the thread
configuration (eg male/female). The eyelet openings are usually standard,
but it wouldn't hurt to check. A couple of big manufactures for these are
Aurora and Morse. The main benefit derived from ordering these yourself is
that they are MUCH cheaper, like $3-5 each. Also, different grades/materials
are often available (eg stainless, monel, aluminum, etc).

Hope this is useful,

~alan
'71B

Oh, the Aurora Bearing company is in Illinois and I think you can order from
them directly if they still allow it. Worse case, they'll point you to a
supplier.

Reply to:
Alan Lott
GTA, Auburn Univeristy
Department of Rehabilitation and Special Education

My Office-      (334) 844-2092
Department-     (334) 844-5943
Fax-            (334) 844-2080